A practical formula.. I like this simple blog …
On a large project with so many moving parts, people, stakeholders, and organizational history that I sometimes get lost in the activities, status reports and project management mess. Stop. I need to come back to the basics of consulting. This post is written to myself, for myself. Gotta get back to basics:
Think. Clients pay us to think through their problems broadly and deeply.
- Structure your thoughts. MECE.
- Maturity models, and clear process flows
- Using benchmarks judiciously
- Bringing the right and diverse team
- Using data to hammer out a compelling story
- Get smart quickly
- Focus on the options, not the problems
Write. If you can’t put it into words and visuals, you aren’t saying anything.
- Turn it into a deliverable
- Make a storyboard
- Use visuals to tell stories to executives
- Speak English, not nonsense jargon
- Think about your audience.
Communicate. Share the storyline with the client…
View original post 98 more words